Activity No. 2
Haydn Treasure Hunt
Using internet research and the links provided, find the following information about Haydn.
This activity is worth 25 points.
In your notebook, title a page "Haydn" and write your answers down. Explore the following links to find your answers.
(you can find almost all the answers by watching this movie!)
1. What was Haydn's full name?
2. Did Haydn have a nickname? If yes, what was it?
3. When and where was Haydn born?
4. What was his family's musical background?
5. At what age did Haydn begin his musical training?
6. What kind of jobs did Haydn have before becoming a composer?
7. What kind of work did he have as a composer?
8. What instruments did Haydn play?
9. What kind of music did Haydn write?
10. Into what musical era does Haydn fit?
12. Which did Haydn write? Operas? Symphonies? Church music? Chamber music?
Time to listen!
Pick a link to watch and listen to a video of Haydn's Music. You MUST watch the entire video!
In your notebook, note which piece you listened to and write down a discription of the music. Answer the following using complete sentences:
a. What is the mood that the composer creates?
b. How do the instruments convey the mood?
c. Close your eyes as you listen. What pictures does the music create in your mind?
File your answers in your notebook, you will need this information for Activity 3 and 4.
Extra! Extra! Extra! Extra! Extra! Extra! Extra! Extra! Extra! Extra! Extra! Extra! Extra!
Watch more than one video, then write a discription and answer the questions for fortune, fame, and extra credit! You can even do this at home from your home computer! Make sure you use complete sentences when you write.
Activity No. 2 for Mrs. Turnquist is currently under construction. Please come back later.